The Crown Point Police Department is proud to serve the citizens of our great city with many divisions staffed by dedicated sworn officers and civilians alike. Our uniformed patrol division is our most visible component. You will often see our black and white squad cars patrolling neighborhoods, enforcing traffic laws, and interacting with community members.
Alerts, News & Events
Please follow us on social media for breaking alerts, news, and city event information. We often feature information from our specialized divisions, which include:
Crown Point Police Department Launches Emergency Hire Process
The Crown Point Police Department will be accepting applications for police officers. The application opens on July 11, 2022, and closes at 3 p.m. CST July 29, 2022.
Applications can be found on the City of Crown Point website at www.crownpoint.in.gov.
- Must be a graduate from an Indiana Law Enforcement Academy and have completed certification through the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board.
- Must meet minimum standards of membership in the 1977 Police Officers Pension and Disability Fund.
- Starting pay of $59,033.52
- Eligible promotion 90 days after field training to $67,466.88
- 12-hour shifts (2-month rotation from days to nights)
- PERF retirement rate of $79,000
- Take home vehicle with off-duty driving privileges
- $1,300 annual clothing allowance
- Holiday pay — double time and a half
- Medical insurance/city-paid life insurance
- School Resource Officer (SRO) Program
- Motorcycle Division
- Bicycle Division
- SWAT (Northwest Regional SWAT)
- South County Crash and Reconstruction Team
- Drone Team
- Honor Guard (coming in 2023)