The Utilities Department is committed to efficiently providing a wide variety of services to the Citizens of the City of Crown Point while doing so in a safe and professional manner. The Utilities Department is comprised of the Water, Sewer and Stormwater Departments.
Our responsibilities and services include but are not limited to:
- Respond to service calls including all 811 Locate requests and various water and sewer issues.
- Maintenance of the water distribution system, including over 160 miles of water main and more than 2,000 fire hydrants.
- Maintain and Inspect; 3 Elevated Water Towers, 2 Above Ground Water Reservoirs, 2 Underground Reservoirs, and 2 Pump Stations.
- Maintain all 5/8” and 1” water meters. All water meters larger than 1” are the property and responsibility of the property owner.
- Complete various construction process inspections including service connections (water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer), final occupancy, and lawn irrigation.
- Monitor all commercial and residential cross connection and backflow prevention systems.
- Maintenance of 30 sanitary sewer lift stations.
- Inspection and maintenance over 160 miles of sanitary sewer mains, 152 miles of storm sewer mains, and all manholes and catch basins tied to our system.
- Inspect and maintain natural waterways, in addition to detention and retention ponds within our boundaries and remove obstructions as needed.
- Assist the Crown Point Street Department with snow fighting efforts.
The Utilities Department is pleased to continue to provide timely and efficient services to the Citizens of the City of Crown Point and to assist other City departments in doing the same.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.